Are you staying hydrated? Are you drinking enough water?
Keeping the body hydrated is the first step to a healthy body and critical to maintaining energy throughout the day. Unfortunately most people are not drinking enough water.
Dehydration often shows up in the body long before your mouth is dry, this is often a later sign of dehydration. Headaches, body aches, strained vision, and fatigue are some indicators that your body is in need of water.
Tips for Staying Hydrated
A good goal is to consume ½ your body weight in ounces daily.
Tips to staying hydrated.
- Drink 1-2 glasses of water first thing after waking up in the morning, this will also help to kick start your system and get your metabolism going. If you need a taste to get you going this early try squeezing some lemon into your water.
- Keep a few water bottles full of water laying around where you can easily access them, the car, office, gym bag are all great spots. It is too easy to get caught up into the rush of the day, and we forget to drink water, if you always have some within reach it will become much easier.
- Never go more than 15 minutes without a sip of water, if you consistently sip on water throughout the day it will be much easier to hit your target.
- Eat more live foods, these include any fruits and vegetables, while this won’t be included into your daily intake, they will help keep you hydrated and help keep your energy levels high, since they have a high water content, and vitamin rich.
- Limit coffee and sodas, soda, while I believe moderation is great, these drinks, if too much is consumed actually dehydrate the body.
After a few days of implementing these habits you will be surprised how easily you begin to hit and break your target water intake, the energy you develop and especially if you are working out, the rate at which you recover. So try some of these tips, see what works for you and your schedule and make it your own!
Regain Your Life!
Hydration is an important part of recovery. Tri One Cryotherapy offers many services to help you recover more quickly and regain your life! Contact us for more information on how you can get started today!